All pearls are special, but none compare to the exotic appearance of Tahitian Pearls. Grown primarily in the clear, warm waters of Tahiti, French Polynesia in the South-Central Pacific Ocean, Tahitian Pearls receive their unique colors from the Pinctada Margaritifera or black-lipped oyster. In this Tahitian Pearl education guide, you will discover how the Tahitian Pearl is produced as well as how its color, shape, size and luster come to be.
A TAHITIAN PEARL
The shape of a Tahitian Pearl shape is determined over a 2 -3 year period. Slowly forming with each layer of nacer, micro-terraces form around it. Water molecules bounce off the terraces and create energy. As a result the pearl seed begins to rotate and then gets to be shaped. Basically, it depends on the nutrients in the water, health of the oyster and rotations of the oyster done by the pearl farmer. Farmers are getting very good at producing round pearls. Nicole Pearl seeks out the more unique baroque pearls for the collections.
- HOW CAN I ENSURE MY PEARLS LAST?
- Wear them and care for them. Do not let shampoo, perfume or chemicals come in contact with them. Do not sleep in then.
- DO YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL STORE YOU SELL YOUR JEWELRY AT?
- Yes, in todos santos bcs we sell our pearls at galeria de brian mcguffey art. & HUIT LAGUNA
- WHERE DOES THE PEARLS COME FROM?
- We work with a distributor who lives in Tahiti as well as one in Hawaii.
- HOW LONG DOES MY PEARLS TAKE TO SHIP?
- Shipping is a variable these days. Things on the website are available to ship immediately. If it is going to take longer you will be notified.
- HOW SHOULD I CLEAN MY PEARLS?
- A clean dry cloth is best for immediate cleaning.
- HOW DO I PURCHASE A SURVIVOR NECKLACE FOR THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ORGANIZATION?
- The Survivor necklace is a single pearl on a 24k gold plated beaded necklace. You can deliver it to someone special in your life or it will be taken to DAWN and given to someone living in the shelter.